Completed a B.Proc degree at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1979. Awarded the Law Society Prize by the Faculty of Law at the University of the Witwatersrand for “The most outstanding law student enrolled for the degree of B.Proc each year in each of the Universities of the Transvaal” in 1980. Admitted as an Attorney in 1981. Appointed as an Assistant Assessor for the Law Society of the Transvaal (as it then was) for the assessment of attorneys fees since 1993.
Presided as a Commissioner for the Smalls Claims Courts Johannesburg and Randburg from 1993 to 2001. Is one of the leading attorneys in South Africa in commercial and corporate related litigation, insolvency law, insolvency related litigation, insolvency enquiries, business reconstructions and turnarounds. Clients include listed groups, banks, liquidators/trustees, aggrieved creditors in insolvency matters and the South African Revenue Service. Has authored many articles and is regularly requested to deliver lectures at conferences. Is the South African Representative and counsel of an international bank.
Cited in Chambers Global as follows:
Colin Jeffrey Strime is held in high regard for his skill in bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, with commentators recognising him to be a “very strong” practitioner.
Contact: +27 11 328 1843
- SARIPA (South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners)
- INSOL International
- Turnaround Management Association – Southern Africa (TMA)
- Listed in Chambers Global in Band 2 for Restructuring/Insolvency and Band 3 for Dispute Resolution
- Rated in Banking Finance and Transactional Law Expert Guides as a leader in South Africa in Insolvency Law
- Rated in Business Day as a top attorney in South Africa
- Listed as an expert in South Africa in Insolvency and Restructuring in the September 2016 edition of Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides (Banking, Finance and Transactional Law).
Joined Fluxmans: 2003
Fluxmans Director: 2003
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
High Court litigation
CURRENT HIGH PROFILE BUSINESS RESCUE
Stuttafords International Fashion Company (Pty) Ltd