The dynamic nature of the South African labour market and relevant legislation can be a minefield for many companies. Having a dedicated legal partner with diverse and extensive experience, offers peace of mind for our clients in what can be a complex and contentious area.
Our comprehensive range of services across the full employment suite is designed to consider the needs of both employers and employees. In addition to problem resolution, we offer an industrial counselling service to provide problem avoidance through education, performance enhancement, and improving company morale by identifying and addressing grievances.
As we are well integrated with our other practice areas such as litigation, M&A, and more, our clients are able to rely on the expertise found in all legal departments at Fluxmans, and therefore enjoy a seamless experience in our managing of all labour and human resource matters as a whole.
Our clients vary from large corporations to small enterprises, and we ensure all local and cross-border firms are protected by our ability to stay up to date with relevant legislature while understanding the nuances found in each area and business.
We provide extensive Labour and Human Resources services including:
- advising on, negotiating and drafting executive and other employment agreements
- drafting workplace related policies and procedures
- all aspects of collective labour law, including dealing with trade unions, organisational rights issues, and industrial action
- large- and small-scale restructuring and re-organization exercises and retrenchments
- employee fraud and corruption and compliance cases
- employment litigation in the various employment tribunals
- drafting restraint of trade and confidentiality undertakings and enforcing and defending the provisions thereof
- employment aspects of various transactions and cross-border M&A
- employment benefits, including medical aid and retirement funds
- employment due diligences including those coinciding with M&A work
- global mobility, employment related advice and secondment agreements
- insolvency, distress, liquidations and business rescue related employment law work
- misconduct, ill-health and poor performance issues in the workplace
- regulatory compliance, dismissal, unfair labour practice and discrimination disputes, and litigation
- senior executive terminations
- sports employment law
- all aspects of employment law advice and agreements arising from the transfer of businesses
- development and presentation of tailor-made training for employers to assist in educating employees in regard to all aspects of employment law
- assistance with all compliance orders furnished to employers arising from Labour Department Audits
- chairing of disciplinary enquiries and appeals