As one of the most successful litigation departments in South Africa, our combination of experience, commitment and skill, accounts for our high number of successes, and has earned us the respect of advocates and opponent colleagues.
The largest department at Fluxmans, our renowned litigation teams specialise in High Court litigation, arbitration and all dispute resolution processes.
Effective litigation or alternative dispute resolution is critical in finding the best and most efficient resolution and we use our extensive experience and skill to determine the best process for each client so as to act in their best interests.
While we offer large firm services, we are also dedicated to delivering personal litigation solutions that are sensitive to our clients’ environment while striving to protect and, where necessary, defend them and/or their business by creating strategies that are practical and, if applicable, commercial.
We provide extensive Litigation services including:
- Drafting dispute resolution and arbitration clauses
- Fact-finding enquiries
- Risk management
- Alternative dispute resolution processes, including mediation
- Settlement negotiations
- Administrative appeals in relation to decisions by regulatory bodies, including reviews of such decisions
- Cross-border litigation
- Tribunals (local and international)
- Supreme Court of Appeals
- Constitutional Court litigation
- Banking and finance disputes
- All aspects of insolvency litigation – and all aspects of business rescue and financial restructuring litigation Class actions
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Divorce – all aspects of divorce litigation, including mediations, visitation rights, custody, disputes, maintenance disputes, divisions of proprietary rights and interests, disputes and the like.
- White collar crime including:
- advising senior management and directors faced with employees who have perpetrated frauds and other criminal offences;
- investigating and preparing docket for lodging of complaint with South African Police Services;
- assisting the National Prosecuting Authority with their prosecution and criminal trial – this to ensure convictions; and
- defending those charged with criminal offences.
- Divorce – all aspects of divorce litigation, including mediations, visitation rights, custody, disputes, maintenance disputes, divisions of proprietary rights and interests, disputes and the like
|Alex Peral||+27 11 328 9316|
|Buhle Duma||+27 11 328 1814|
|Charles Shapiro||+27 11 328 1841|
|Colin Strime||+27 11 328 1843|
|Galia Bloch||+27 11 328 9321|
|Ian Shapiro||+27 11 328 1825|
|Jerome Levitz||+27 11 328 1700|
|Jonathan Shafir||+27 11 328 1820|
|Kevin Van Huyssteen||+27 11 328 1730|
|Lionel dos Passos||+27 11 328 1801|
|Ryszard Lisinski||+27 11 328 9333|
|Saul Aryeh Shoot||+27 11 328 1779|
|Trevor Simon||+27 11 328 1804|
|Kira Fuchs||+27 11 328 1845|
|Simphiwe Shoba||+27 11 328 1712|