Mining law in South Africa is legally and administratively complex. Fluxmans has an historical and comprehensive association with the mining industry. Our lawyers have a wealth of industry knowledge in many facets of the mining, minerals and energy sectors, built up through years of experience of working with our clients and understanding their needs.
Our core commercial mining team comprises of four directors along with qualified professionals providing our mining clients with comprehensive legal services covering a broad spectrum of mining law. We have the strength and knowledge and are able to provide comprehensive, practical legal advice to our mining clients on everyday issues as well as corporate transactions.
We act for clients involved in prospecting, extracting, processing, distribution and commodity trade.
We offer advice on the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures;
- Mineral rights and titles, including licensing, prospecting, mining, royalty and development agreements;
- Section 11 applications;
- liaising with the Department of Mineral Resources
- Black economic empowerment structuring and transactions,
- The Mining Charter;
- Statutory claims arising from mining activities;
- Regulation, including occupational health and safety, competition and employment law;
- Commercial disputes, including dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration;
- Financing, including corporate asset, commodity and leveraged finance;
- Tax, including corporate tax, commercial projects and exchange control;
- Due diligence investigations;
- Property rights and titles; and
- Negotiating specific agreements, including purchase, contractorship, operating and maintenance agreements for new rights.