As leaders in commercial law we simplify the complexities often found in corporate matters, to ensure our clients have a clear understanding of what is involved to succeed.
As experts in established and emerging markets, we recognise the opportunities both of these markets offer and our flexibility and experience means clients in either benefit when working with us.
Our commitment to finding innovative and practical solutions for our clients sees us assist in transactions of varying sizes and in all sectors, making a significant difference to their business. In addition, we are able to incorporate other departments in our firm such as competition, tax, labour, and intellectual property, to offer a seamless experience with expert advice covering the entire matter.
Our experience in mergers & acquisition means we have a track record of assisting our clients in an area that presents real challenges and they appreciate our ability and experience to execute matters efficiently while successfully navigating these specialist issues.
We provide extensive Commercial Law and M&A services including:
- Joint ventures, partnership and shareholder arrangements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Stock Exchange listings
- Tax structuring
- 2008 Companies Act and the King Reports on Corporate Governance (South Africa)
- Broad-based black economic empowerment (South Africa)
- Capital markets/raising
- Asset, share and business sales and purchases
- Corporate formations and structuring
- Corporate restructuring
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing all forms of commercial and business contracts
- Due diligence investigations (corporate, commercial and human resources)
- Duties and responsibilities of directors and officers, and other corporate governance aspects
- General commercial advisory
- Guidance in engaging the statutory and regulatory environments affecting listed public and other companies
- Legal compliance
- Management buy-outs
- Private equity and venture capital
- Mergers and amalgamations
- Schemes of arrangement
- Estate planning, winding up of deceased estates, drafting of trusts and wills
- Share incentive schemes
- Stock exchange listings, de-listings and continued compliance, including dual listing regulations
- Trade agreements